– Get your grindcore, death metal and savage LOUD rock on – check out Decibel Magazine, a monthly magazine that calls itself “America’s first real extreme music magazine.” In the current ish, you can catch up with Riki Rachtman, former host of Headbangers’ Ball on MTV.
– British folk rock producer Joe Boyd, known for his ’60s work with artists like The Incredible String Band, Pink Floyd, Nick Drake and Fairport Convention (and later in the 80s with R.E.M.) has a memoir out called “White Bicycles – Making Music in the 60s”. Read about it at TimeOut London.
– See NYC locals punk rock history on today.
– You want to hear Strokes-like pop without actually pulling out your Strokes CDs? Try The Demos on for size – sound-a-like heaven on “Truth & Lies” – good song too!
– It wouldn’t be a Happy Monday without news of the Happy Mondays! The trippy Madmen of Madchester get their groovy tunes and baggy trousers on again on June 3rd at the Artrock pop festival (also featuring the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, the Rakes and others) in Cotes du Armor, France.