Tons of worthy rock shows this weekend – go see live music, and buy shit from struggling bands.
– the aforementioned Raconteurs show should (hopefully for lucky ticketholders) be a massively cool time tonight at Irving Plaza.
– Arab Strap at Southpaw tonight and Knitting Factory Saturday.
– Singer/songwriter R Star, who’s been playing music for 10-years-plus, brings in the lovelorn ladies at Pianos tonight. So Ordinary, it’s not.
– The Hold Steady at Warsaw on Driggs.
– Funky alt-rockers Smack Darts play Arlene Grocery tonight at 10:30pm.
– This Blue Holiday, the heavy-touring, rockin’ synth-poppers Liam & Me, Strikes Again! all at Sin-e.
– Montreal’s psych poppers The High Dials at The Annex. I love “The Holy Ground” – great pop song.
[All your NYC music show needs are met by the rock doctors at Oh My Rockness.]