News! From the blog that promises you the rare glimpse into the life of some guy.
My stack of to-be-read books currently includes:
- The Believer Back Issue Bundle Jumble: 10 back issues for $20 (I’ve read some issues in bits and pieces when I’ve had time);
- Thomas Pynchon’s Against The Day;
- John Banville’s The Sea; and
- Elizabeth Green-Musselman’s Nervous Conditions.
I’m trying to finish my manuscript for Shoot Out The Lights by the end of the month. We’ve also entered into my busiest season at work. Consequently, I am tired.
My son’s 2nd birthday was this past weekend and it was delightful. We gave him a play kitchen that he adores, some age-appropriate legos, and a Huffy tricycle that refused to stay upright (so back to the store it went). He also got some cowboy boots from his Aunt Jen, a Leapfrog doll from his grandparents, and some wonderful books from some of his friends. Yay!
Oh, yeah. eMusic downloads this month included:
- Jens Lekman – Oh You’re So Silent Jens
- Charles Mingus Presents Charles Mingus
- El-P – High Water
- Deerhoof – Friend Opportunity
- a bunch of Deerhoof contributions to compilation albums
- cLOUDDEAD – Ten
- cLOUDDEAD – Dead Dogs Two EP
- The Woggles – Wailin’ With The Woggles
- The Mountain Goats – We Shall All Be Healed
- Red House Painters – Red House Painters (II)
- Tortoise – s/t
- The Spinanes – Imp Years
- Love Tractor – This Ain’t No Outer Space Ship
- Acid Mothers Temple – Starless and Bible Black Sabbath
- Rhys Chatham – A Crimson Grail (for 400 guitars)
If you know me and decide to sign up for eMusic, please tell ’em I recommended it to you. I like free downloads!