Picking up the pieces from all the great stories coming in from Austix, TX about SxSW.
The Go! Team at Stubb’s, (and playing tonight at NYC’s Bowery Ballroom)
– Stereogum Scott has got lots of pics and some overview of the weekend.
– Today’s NY Times asks “Why would musicians travel halfway across the country, or halfway across the world, to play a 40-minute set through a mediocre sound system for a few dozen people glancing at their cellphones?” Answer? The right exposure.
– Learn more about Brit band Field Music via the AP’s Jake Coyle.
– “One of the biggest problems with SXSW is that no matter what you’re seeing, you’re always certain that somebody, somewhere else, is witnessing something superior — and possibly even having one of those elusive, transformative live moments for which music lovers live. Oh, the existential dread!”
The Washington Post gets its licks in (via Largehearted Boy)
– Chicago Tribune seeks out the Arctic Monkeys (reg. req’d)